Design Your Yogic Lifestyle
Your Path to Holistic Health
Yoga Lifestyle =
1. Self-transformation - toward great physical health, peaceful mind, stress-free life.
2. Making a difference in other people's lives - through selfless actions, meaningful work, healthy community, loving relationships.
How It Works
Self-Guided YL Design
1. Browse the 10 Categories
2. Pick practices that suit you
3. Track your progress
+ Get online support
+ Receive free e-News (tips on yoga, nutrition, exercise, stress-relief, and more)
YL Coaching by Slava
1. Reach out to Slava to set up a coaching session;
2. In a 30-min session, we discuss 10 categories of health and determine the best set of practices for you
3. Track your progress together and modify as needed
(more details of what each session includes)
Cost: $55 per 30-min session
We Work with Tapas (not the Spanish kind)
Tapas is an ancient Yogic tool for positive transformation.
Tapas means "to Burn" or "to Purify" in Sanskrit.
Going through a change, such as adopting new lifestyle habits, brings positive transformation, however there is a certain amount of discomfort that may come with changes. Yogis have welcomed this habit-forming discomfort as Purification.
Discomfort from Positive Transformation = Tapas = Purification of one's ego and negative habits
Yogis talk about the metaphor of gold purified in a hot furnace as it gets separated from impurities. Similarly, one’s negative habits get burned with the practice of Tapas.
Every Tapas practice must be:
(you must be able to actually do it with reasonable effort)
(set parameters on when, where, how, and how long you will keep this habit)
(track your daily progress)